What to pack / not pack for drupa: from an American “Rookie”
Written By Joel Basa
Unlike the many Xerox veterans going to drupa, I’m a “Rookie” to drupa. I’ve been to other tradeshows such as IPEX, Graph Expo, Print 09, On-Demand to name a few but this is my first drupa. I leave tomorrow(Monday) and I started to pack for my trip and I thought I’d share a few of my thoughts on what to pack / not pack:
First, what I’m NOT packing:
- Dining Guide to Dusseldorf: The one thing I love about international travel is looking forward to the cuisine. I usually come prepared but since XMPie is producing a “Dining Guide to Dusseldorf” I can just pick up a copy in our stand (Hall 8b).
- My Wife and My Dogs: I’ll miss my wife and my dogs but don’t think they’ll fit in my luggage.
- Suntan lotion: Weather forecast for Dusseldorf looks like Upper 60s Fahrenheit…not bad but suntan lotion not required.
- My passport: Just kidding, I wanted to make sure you’re still reading!
- iPad with drupa App: I’m amazed to see the number of drupa mobile apps by many vendors. I’ve already installed the official drupa App on my iPad and iPhone. What a great resource!
- A Doctor’s Coat/Jacket: That’s right! I’ll be with Andy Hill and Christina Klos in the Social Media Café holding Social Clinics. We’ll be “Doctors” to help you with your social media questions/needs. Stop by any day from 10:30-11:30 or 2:00-3:30.
- Camera: With so many things to see (at the show and in Dusseldorf) I want to be sure to take some photos.
- Comfortable Shoes/Sneakers: Standing and more standing. Knowing that, I bought some comfortable insoles for my shoes and for after the workda, my Asics Kayano 18s will be like heaven to my feet.
- Workout Bands: With no access to a gym, must be creative with getting a few workouts in. Workout bands are small, lightweight but are versatile workout
- Other important things: My passport, money, and tickets.
Any of you veterans have any thoughts to share? Let me now! See you at drupa!