Written By Jeff Jacobson
President, Global Graphic Communications
drupa is a watershed event – it’s mammoth in more ways than one. The printing industry is transforming and drupa brings the promise of opportunities together on a global stage.
While attendance numbers have dropped from past shows, that shouldn’t be any big surprise. What I chose to focus on are the conversations with print providers who are seeking out the best technology and services to produce printed materials that are relevant, responsive, exciting and innovative.
Xerox’s booth drew close to 100,000 visitors – that’s more than one third of the 300,000 attendees from 130 countries who attended the show. Additionally, we:
- Sold more than 300 digital systems, workflow and finishing solutions including the Xerox CiPress® 500 Production Inkjet System, the new iGen™ 150 Press, the Color 1000 Press and the Xerox 700 family of presses.
- Germany-based CW Niemeyer Druck purchased a CiPress 500 to produce individualized magazines, direct mail and catalogues.
- Exceeded the number and quality of contracts signed and sales goals.
- Generated more than 14,000 specific requests for information about Xerox’s solutions – twice as many as expected.
- Engaged in more than 4,500 social media conversations on Twitter and Facebook.
There were many show highlights but an important one happened at our press conference when Chairman and CEO Ursula Burns said: “The future of print continues to thrive through high-end digital color printing and high-value applications. We are focused on giving our customers the best technology, solutions and services to take advantage of these growth areas.”
drupa is over but its residual affects are prominent and promising. Let’s take advantage of the momentum that unfolded in Dusseldorf – we can all use it as a stake in the ground to continue to move forward – with confidence.
P.S. If you weren’t able to attend the show, our virtual drupa trade show offers a collection of videos capturing highlights from the show, including technology announcements and customer stories.
Jeff is a fresh face at Xerox but one with 25 years of graphic communications industry experience.